Centro Siderurgico Adriatico, acquired by the Arvedi steelworks in 2015 as a result of a project to verticalise the distribution of hot and cold rolled products, quickly entered the Italian market for the distribution of steel products. It is currently an important reference point for the distribution of carbon steel products, coils, plates, strips and shears.
The objective of the project was to transform unstructured information (multiple Suppliers with totally different layouts) in documents (files) into structured information on Data Bases (data).
- Interpret documents and build an indexed digital archive.
- Extrapolate certificate header data such as number, date, material quality up to technical information related to mechanical and chemical characteristics of batches and steel castings.
- Generate the certificate proving the quality of the material and its characteristics.
- Ensuring traceabilityof production from the sales receipt to the original manufacturer’s certificate.
- Automate the process of generating the CSA certificate and sending it to the customer by email
ARXivar acquires the certificates and, guided by Workflow Management, processes them with the Data Capture engine which “interprets the data written” in the document, stores them in a structured form within the Data Base and makes them available to the user on an interface.
Once the data is within ARXivar, it can be queried and used to generate the new certificate. The generation of the Finished Product certificate is also automatic thanks to process management and integration with the management system.
- Elimination of data entry for information contained in purchase certificates.
- Drastic reduction of certificate generation times and standardisation of issuing procedures
- Elimination of typing errors by users.
- Automatic generation of reports useful for traceability, the operator only has to make the final check before sending.
- Storage and correlation of generated documents, so that quick checks and searches can be carried out.
- Possibility, in the future, to analyse data, generate dashboards and control reports through data analysis tools such as Qlik.